Zynthian Box with Audio-input (Audioinjector soundcard)

Hi @rod_amaral!

Thanks for the link! There are several products, but only one ships to Europe and other countries outside USA:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_productid=1281357809&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3&LH_BIN=1

I’ve ordered a pair of units more right now :wink:

Regards!

Hi @Zynthianers!

I’ve tryed to measure the Zynthian’s full audio loop latency (input->output) with my Bitscope. This is the result:

Zynthian’s full audio loop latency (AudioInjector Soundcard) = 13 ms

As you can see, it’s quite higher than the theoric one (6.88 ms), probably because the 2 x 0.54ms latency for the AudioInjector soundcard is too low. Also, probably i’m ignoring some delay in the I2S bus and the kernel itself. I’m not an expert, so any contribution to this discussion will be very welcome!! :wink:

Anyway, i don’t trust completely the BitScope, so i will try to repeat the measure with a decent DSO, probably this week :wink:

Kind Regards!

1 Like

Hi @Zynthianers!

I’ve recorded a little audio demo with my electro-kalimba and the Zynthian Box with Audio-Input:

I’ve used the MOD-UI patch shown in the main post in this topic. Sorry for the tempo/sinchro pitfalls. It’s my first time using a looper and i hadn’t got a foot-switch, so i had to switch the super-lopper by hand, rotating the zynthian controllers … :wink:

The recording itself was also done with the Zynthian Box, using the “jack_rec” tool from the command line. I will include a simple recorder utility in the admin menu to ease this task.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

I Just bought this card and a rpi3 … :slight_smile: Let’s begin !

Hi guys!

Here’s a sample of the preset I’m using with my zynthian:

It was recorded with the jack_rec on zynthian using a Gibson Les Paul Custom.

4 Likes

We should find a way to share patches and presets easily … ideas? :wink:

Mine arrived today, from Amazon, even if I bought it on ebay… maybe a glitch in the Matrix :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve received 2 cards from Amazon too … i also ordered in Ebay … jajaja!
Perhaps people ordering Zynthian Kits is also receiving it from Amazon? :scream:

1 Like

Hello !

What is the wiring conf I’ve to set if I want to use the pi tft 2"8 and this audiocard ?
I don’t know if it’s related, but the touch functionnality is not working on my config with this two hats. Screen is working good (except the light of the screen which goes down after the welcome screen Zynthian) but no touchscreen functionnality.

(Screen is not detected as a touch device, no entry in /dev/input/)

Thank You

No wiring modifications are needed for audioinjector. It’s completely compatible with PiTFT 2.8".
Read the main post on this thread :wink:

Regards!

Ok, thank You for the reply !

I’m asking myself if I received the right pitft … :confused:

On the PCB i’ve the label “ft6202” do You have the same ?

Thank You Jofemodo !

Could you send some more detailed photo of the display? And the exact model name … please!
Anyway, it seems that this is not the “normal” PiTFT 2.8" we normally use for Zynthian :wink:

Thanks!

It’s the capacitive model I think :

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01LCN0WIS

I’ve just install the kernel from adafruit (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-8-pitft-capacitive-touch/easy-install)

And i’ts ok now, I was thinking you added the kernel for that screen, but seems not !

I can now full test Zynthian, just have to add the midi input for future clock-sync with my korg emx1.

Hi @mrlsk!

It shouldn’t be needed to install the Adafruit kernel. Doing so can break something, specially MIDI input.

Probably your display is already supported by standard kernels, but you have to load the corresponding layout in the /boot/config.txt. Sometimes you have to copy a specific layout file from the manufacturer (Adafruit).
Also, you should have to adjust the touch calibration. If you do so, you can give feedback, so we can add your display to the webconf tool.

Regarding MIDI sync … currently it’s not implemented in Zynthian, or to be more exact, AFAIK any of the sound engines integrated in Zynthian currently support it ;-(

Kind Regards!

@mrlsk, @jofemodo

See (MIDI)Sync of engines/plugins? - #9 by C0d3man.

Perhaps starting jack_midi_clock on zynthian may sync external devices to jack-midi.

Regards, Holger

Hi !

Oh Ok, with my keyboard it’s still working (usb).

Ok I understand, I can restart from scratch to test a new layout.
Yeah ok I will try to find the informations.

And for midi sync I know, I’ve read the thread on that topic :slight_smile:

Thank You !

I’ve search and i found that my screen is the 2423 :

| Ada# | Name | Size | Pixels | Touchscreen | Backlight | Header |
| 2423 | PiTFT Plus | 2.8" | 320x240 | Capacitive | variable | 40-pin |

I Think this is that setting for my screen :

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "captouch"
MatchProduct "ft6x06_ts"
Option “SwapAxes” "1"
Option “InvertY” "1"
Option “Calibration” "0 320 0 240"
EndSection

And that module

sudo nano /etc/modules
and add ft6x06_ts on a line at the end

I will try after a fresh install !

1 Like

Hello ! sorry for the off topic but it’s OK now, the config file as to be not too long for each line.

It seems that separate line is working :

dtoverlay=pitft28-capacitive,speed=32000000,fps=25
dtoverlay=pitft28-capacitive,touch-swapxy,touch-invx

But not when there is only one line config (too long)

I can now full test the engines, realy cool, I will post a video :wink:

I’m not too sure of RBPi “boot/config.txt” syntax , but perhaps it would be better to try like this:

dtoverlay=pitft28-capacitive,speed=32000000,fps=25,touch-swapxy,touch-invx

Regards!

With your line the screen is not responding :confused:

With the double line no problems, it seems that boot config as a max length for the lines …