I just finished my first Zynthian with audio input. I've used the audioinjector soundcard and i'm pretty happy with the result
It's an almost-official Zynthian Box with only some little modifications:
- Audioinjector soundcard replacing the HifiBerry
- Modified laser-cutter wooden case to fit the audioinjector. The modified design is in the case repository.
- I've changed the wiring. For some strange reason, the ground in GPIO pin 34 doesn't work with the audioinjector. Perhaps there is a hardware "bug". I've rewired to pin 39 and it works like a charm, so this is the official wiring layout from now, as it works with HifiBerry and Audioinjector. I've replaced the schemes in the wiki and repository. There is no need to change anything in the software configuration.
Regarding the software, only 2 tips:
- Change the driver layout in /boot/config.txt
- Enable output and input with alsamixer, as explained by @rod_amaral here:
For testing i'm using my electro-kalimba
with a pre-amp, as the audioinjector input is not suitable for high impedance transducers:
I'm crazy with MOD-UI!!! This is my last patch:
You can control everything from the Zynthian interface, including the super-looper!
And the sound is clear .... really!! I see tons of fun this weekend ...
P.D: I will try to upload some video or audio demo ...