Zynthian Boxes in the World

Finally ready to add my Zynthian, It’s taken three months to build and it’s in Manchester, UK.

The Audio was multitracked into Audacity on my laptop.

3 Likes

A Disciple :innocent: … Always welcome :smiley:

Could you solder before you started?

Interesting . . . within a train journey of wyleu towers . . . :roll_eyes:

What were you using as audacity input? and what order did you put down the how many tracks…?

The synth lead line ( nice pitch bend by the way … ) was an improvised solo…?

Have you got an audacity playable MIDI file…?
Questions, questions . . .:smiley:

Lovely piece :smiley:

1 Like

I have a Behringher umd-222 for audio in on my laptop. I also have an MC-303 which I used to midi sequence a Bass drum sound in NoiseMaker3, then layered in a snare. All the other layers were played in live starting with padthv1 for the strings. Then ob-xd on bass, setBFree for the organ and ob-xd again for the lead which was improvised.

I could solder already, but this is certainly the largest single project I’ve done and the first one with IC’s in about 20 years. That, and I went for soldering the 40 pin header on the Hifiberry. It’s been very rewarding.

1 Like

I’m intrigued - do you automatically add customers who have purchased from the Zynthian shop?

If not, someone in my work building is holding out on me, because there’s supposedly a Zynthian in our postcode (the building has it’s own postcode), though I did order an all-in-one circuit the other day, which was delivered to this address…

So, could be me, or I could have a potential Zynthian-friend somewhere amongst all the geeks in my workplace!

Nuke from orbit… It’s the only way to be sure.

Looks like they do, one has appeared on my street.

It’s got too easy round here; I had to fly to Barcelona to get my second spot !! :smiley:

Hello Vadym!

You are located in Zynthian’s map!

Thanks for pictures and sound samples!

Yellow button in back side is a panic button?

Thank!
Yes, button on the back is a panic button.
I also plan to add a pedal connector to control the superlooper. I expect that there will be a lot of fun.

I would be happy to help, but have no idea how to do it. I am an amateur in these matters. Sorry!

Yes. You are right :wink:
We have a script that add the flags to the map when we mark as “done” an order (i.e. when we ship it).

Perhaps we should add a different “flag” for the “wyleu-certified” zynthians :wink:

Regards,

You use the ‘spare’ pads on the all-in-one encoder card.
One end is the common connection and the other 4 are the 1/o pins referred to in the webconf. You select one of these 4 pins and wire your pedal switch between them. It’s the same way the panic switch is wired up.

Then use the webconf …

to select the the MCP23017 Extra option rather than the ordinary one.

Then you can use the MIDI CC option

to specify a MIDI code that should start or stop souperlouper. ( You’ll have to look that one up!)

That’s cool, I was sort of hoping there was another Zynthianeer hiding somewhere in the office… But as geeky as we are here, seems I’m the only one interested in bleeps and bloops!

Hi SquidgyB!

so sorry to say that probably you are alone in your building! :slight_smile:

we have a script that automatically add customers who have purchased from the shop, we use the postcode and the city and if there is one Zynthian located there we don’t put another one… it could be better but now is like this.

@wyleu I know you prefer “Audio Zynthian Map” :wink:

OH I just love people doing stuff and sticking links to it on the net! It’s kind of liberating!

Perhaps the map should be more prominently linked from the zynth internet presence…?

The important thing is to put effort into that that we expect to last. and I’ve always preferred evolution over revolution. . .

…and I’m not writing it ! :smiley:

Здравствуйте, всем самого доброго…Извиняюсь, почитал вот тут, посмотрел, карту, где все Zynthian Box, но не показано, есть ли это в России.Очень хотел бы собрать этот Zynthian.
С уважением Алекс.

Hello out there!!! :smiley:

:camera_flash: :musical_keyboard: :ear: ?

4 Likes

@rozhok … please, don’t post in Pycku: everybody here use english as “lingua communia”.
You can use the google translator, my friend :wink:

2 Likes

I have now built my prototype zynth.

I have even stopped coding long enough to play some rather, “War of the Worlds” sounds.

Does this qualify me to be added to the map? Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, England. (@wyleu - no more hoops to jump through, like it needs to be recorded on a Thursday whilst the wind is blowing from the north and a postman is cycling past…)

6 Likes

Now that I like…:smiley:I love the appearance of the high atmos on the tail . . .

Played and pitchbend?

Which Engine(s) …?
which preset …?

This is all rather pleasing. :smiley:
A postman has not just cycled past…(it’s all vans in the uk :frowning: )