Zynthian Snapshot Contest Extended: 2 x V5 unit for the 2 winners!

0.52 sounds really evil!! in a very good way…

1 Like

I have only one try left :smile:… Anyway each time i upload stuff, it sounds worse to my ears :grimacing::sweat_smile:

I really like it. The drum sound was nice and it reminded me of Matt Bianco’s sounds

I HATE the MP3 format… Lots of harmonics are lost…

@Jofemodo, change your server and let’s put some nice .Wav :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I didn’t care about mp3, recorded midi and captured wav both with zynthian :smile:

I said it in general, not about your song which I really like :star_struck:. I hate MP3 for various reasons and because my ears are allergic to this format… :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi everyone. First of all, my compliments to all the other partecipants!
I finally managed to complete my track for the contest. The title is “The seas of Mars” and the inspiration came from one of my favourite science fiction writers, Kim Stanley Robinson", who wrote a trilogy about the colonization of Mars. The whole story is complicated but at the end of the terraforming process, Mars have oceans. “The seas of Mars” is the image i created in my mind when i read this part.
It’s an instrumental synthwave-progressive rock track wich i played and modified using the sequencer of my Akai MPC One. I tried to make a full Zynthian version using the internal sequencer but i realized it would take a very long time.
I uploaded a pair of banks for ZynAddSubFX, wich i used for some presets, a .sf2 file wich contain a slightly modified version of “Power” drum machine to use with FluidSynth Player, the midi file, the mp3 and the snapshot.
I recorded some guitar parts using a patch i made on Zynthian (channel 7), then i mixed the track and guitars on my PC (i really don’t know if it’s possible to integrate everything inside the Zynthian).
That’s all. I will appreciate every comment, even the negative ones :grinning:, and every suggestion if i made some mistakes.
Thanks!
Nicola

013-The seas of Mars.zss (40.6 KB)
Nicola Sulas - The seas of Mars.mid (145.0 KB)
A VDX Bank.zip (81.2 KB)
Alex_J.zip (246.7 KB)
FluidDrumsM.sf2 (14.4 MB)

9 Likes

Here’s my last chance… I put a title in Italian (sea undertow? :pleading_face:).

Title: Risacca

Risacca.mid (9.8 KB)
007-Contest3.zss (33.3 KB)

…and as always a nice score to improve or play these chords.
I reinserted the score because I had “only” forgotten a natural symbol

All parts are played (not written to MIDI) apart from the Drums which I wrote (do you hear that I’m not a drummer or percussionist? :roll_eyes: )

7 Likes

For now all Italians??
But then it is true that we Italians are all “Pizza e Mandolino” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

I respect myself :slightly_smiling_face: :musical_keyboard:

1 Like

Hi @Nicolaz, thank you for your track.
But I think there is sole bug elsewhere in your mp3 export:

• The player shows a 6:46 duration
  • Once the track is launched it jumps to the end after 1:00 or so

That’s a pity cause it starts nicely (and I love SynthWave, progressive music and Francesco Zappa too :slight_smile: )

It played all all glorious 6 minutes and 46 seconds for me in Firefox - just the player and the link:

3 Likes

:face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes:
It works now !!! How strange is that.

BTW, I prefer to take these irrationals behaviors (otherwise everything would be sooo predictable) from computers as a way to make our live not too boring :joy:

Good track @Nicolaz

2 Likes

:rofl:
Thanks a lot, and i’d like to write a Francesco Zappa-style track but i suppose it’s too much for my skills.

1 Like

Ciao Lanfranco, i’m more a Pecorino & Cannonau type :grinning:
Anyway, i love the mood and style of your tracks.

1 Like

Many thanks, this also applies to your song.
I am from Bologna and moved to Veneto (unfortunately), but if they ask me where I would go to live, I would have no doubts… Palau and Capo Testa… There is no more beautiful region in the world than Sardinia…

zynaddsubfx addicted :smiley: … i understand you, having zyn on a hardware was one of most relevant reasons to support zynthian project

1 Like

To be honest, I may not be the biggest fan of Zynaddsubfx. I had planned the song completely with the Odin synth and Sfizz, but after 5 instances of Odin the processing power was exhausted, so I had to reprogram all sounds on the Zynaddsubfx. But now I would still have 50-60% power left - so thumbs up for Zynaddsubfx.

2 Likes

Oops :sweat_smile:… You got Lucky with zynaddsubfx too, some sounds are really CPU hungry! … But mostly long pads where notes are never released and polyphony goes with the wind :rofl:

1 Like

Hi @spurkopf it’s a good electrowave track :+1:

I’ve just noticed little glitches at 1:00 → 1:03

1 Like

I have to thank you… I hadn’t activated Odin because my first Zynthian was based on Raspberry P3 B+ and couldn’t handle it… now that I have a Raspberry P4 inside (which I got by disassembling my Openmediavault server :smiling_face_with_tear:) I activated Odin and I have to to say that it sounds beautiful. Thank you

2 Likes

3 days left… :sweat_smile:

1 Like