A pedalboard zynthian .. .

So of course things move quickly in the world of zynthian and so it if time to move on to the zynthian-pedal.local as a way of taming the 12 string acoustic with two entirely different pick up technologies in it…

We have an active piezo from fishman & an entirely passing humbucker coil also from fishman, which describes itself as high impedance. THis is all rendered up via a stereo tip & ring. Sharing @riban s abhorance of all domestic audio connectors, I can use the inside of the pedalboard as a place to do the convertions to audio injector in’s with a volume control !!!

Up to now these have had to come into the zynth with laughably different levels but, as I say things move on, so we have the possibility of a little experimentation.

It appears all is not well in the land of sequences . . .

1 Like

Hey… that looks like the problem I was having!

Follow these instructions.

I thought you were trying to avoid mentioning the step sequencer… Maybe you are suffering similar issue that someone else reported about file versions. I changed the .zynseq file format and added a version number and conversion code but if you subsequently switch back to the old software this may break. You could just delete (or backup) the patterns.zynseq file to get it working.

This was a totally clean install on Master branch. I copied a file across from another machine and it’s all come good !! :smiley:

Why do I get the image of a DeLorean looking at these pictures ? :thinking:

2 Likes

And so we move onto the prototype switch array Mk2 using micro microswitches…

So, of course, we have the problem of mounting them…

To that end I need two metal bars to go throu’ the two holes, and looking at what I have around I find 30Amp copper cable, but how does one get is straight for the 530 mm lengths needed . . . ?

Away to the copious wyleu towers garage to employ a bit of brick technology . . . .

I do this so you don’t have to . . . .

1 Like

Fill it with expanding foam!

Do you mind!

This is a serious bit of Audiometric research and development not some Tixylixs induced rave in the less salubrious back streets of Manchester where life is cheap and foam is frequently unleashed on marathon performances of the Birdies Song. . . .

1 Like

Eh eh… @riban, one point…

Oh my god !! Like Bernard Palissy burning the furnitures of his kitcheen to find the secrets of enamel, @wyleu will destroy his garage door to build his Zynthian pedalboard !!
Call the doctor, the priest, the police, the exorcist… anyone…

2 Likes

Be afraid …

Be VERY afraid . . .

This rave sounds interesting to me.

tixilix

“You scare me to death” (Marc Bolan)…

But what does the multimillimeter measure ? Velocity ? Or did you add a pressure sensor ?
and why is it around 3V when you don’t press, and almost 5v when you press much, this I can understand ok…
But then why does it go below 3V, which I supposed to be the volatge at rest (or at least, what seemed to me as being the voltage at rest) ?

Well one of the things that isn’t obvious as the digital output and the led cunningly hidden in the video comes on at the bottom of the travel and that’s what will be doing the pedal board operation.
Making mounting and positioning easy is the next objective and I have a plan for that and then its wiring it all up.
Obviously with a pi there are only the option of digital interface without stuff…

… But I have a cunning plan once it does pedal board things…

They appear to be breeding…

Screenshot_2020-06-25_19-11-00

It’s actually cheaper than using reed switches and debouncing seems to be solved as well. . . .

Now I’ve got to work out how to power it all in as little space as I can get away with . . .

a vote in favour of
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XRBKSY2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as a way of getting connections into and out of things …

3 Likes

20 pairs ! WOAW !!

Well there’s some insight into the hall effect sensors.

Sensor bent throu’ 90 degrees to vertical and ‘prune’ off the circuit board ears.

The mounting is magnets but sadlt the screws sit proud so the boards tend to rotate when wires get moved. 2mm screws ordered . . .

The plan is to supply the OV via the chassis thus freeing up the wire to be used for the digital output. It’s becoming a bit of a rats nest at the moment but re orientating the Power distribution should resolve some of this. . .

I need to make a connection between the mounting hole and the OV connector which could well be a little bit fiddly . . .

1 Like

Chassis Earth implemented !!

And we have switching … ( There is a green LED )…

2 Likes

A light that never goes out ?

Keep on the good work. I really enjoy it :+1:

So The weekends progress has been that most boring of subjects, what happens when a zynthian dies ???

Well we still need to be ale to play the guitar so a bypass switch is in order . . …

Which when rendered up with screened cable and LOTS of heatshrink.
Produces …

Which ehen carefully hidden between the B & C keys means we have a kick and effective way of bypassing all the zynthian goodness for guitar still plays mode all with a stealthy kick . . .

With a switch for comparison…

and it shown hidding ready to be used . . .

It will save me at some point.

1 Like