Almost there :) (case design)

Almost there… :slight_smile:

Waiting for I/O expander… (I works with Microchip components since the PIC16C14JW and I have @home almost every Microchip IC, but not that one!)

2 Likes

Case design in progress…
( I’ve got a 3D Printer and I’m not afraid to use it :smiley: )

3 Likes

Hi @Axeman!

Nice design … i’m looking forward to see your Zynthian Box finished!!
What about the 4 square holes? :wink:

Regards!

Hi Fernando…

They’re for a set of 4 pushbuttons, wired in parallel to encoder switches. I don’t like to push on knobs… :slight_smile:

But (in the next box I’ll build) I’m thinking about placing a full row of pushbuttons with led indicators under the LCD, to directly access pages without all the “short/long/bold” presses, I looked at the UI code and it shouldn’t be a problem. And beside that, a synth must have buttons, MANY buttons :smiley:

Great! :wink:

I will try to improve the source code for allowing to easily configure this kind of UI variations :wink:

Regards!

Why do you want to take away from me the fun and the excuse to learn (yet) another programming language? 13 is my lucky number :stuck_out_tongue:

Ups! I also get fun improving my boring code … but OK, i will share the pleasure with you :wink:
My number is 13 too … mmm … this is quite strange …

:grin:

Quite strange, indeed… :thinking:

… and much RGB LEDs!!! “Scotty: beam me up!”

True! I’ll fill the case with useless (but anyhow cool) WS2812… :slight_smile:

@Axeman

… you know my Disco-Zynthian?

Sure! Your zynthian is the first one I saw.
But I like star trek more that the disco, so my ws2812 sing all togheter “Warp core” :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/dKhvRq1t89o

@Axeman

Haha! VERY NICE! Hope to see this soon! Beam me up!

Regards, Holger

It’s aliiiiiiive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeeeeesssss! You are almost there!!!
We will waiting for more details … and some video!! :wink:

Regards!

And here it is, in all its majesty :smiley:

(I’ve not yet printed the knobs)

Inside photos. This is the first one, I built it for a friend, and as any “first born” is almost completely hand wired.

2 Likes

sorry @C0d3man, no RGB leds this time, this is for a friend :slight_smile:

Hi @Axeman!

What a fine work!! Congratulations!!
Have you published the box schemes in some place? I would like to print it … jeje :wink:
If you want, you can add your design to the zynthian case repository:

You only have to “fork, add your files & pull request”, or i could give you direct access to the repo if you tell me your github account name :wink:

Regards!

Sure, @jofemodo!

Tonight I’ll make some minor tweaks (slightly wrong holes position for rPI support) and I’ll upload it on the github repo and on thingiverse.

(if you use Autodesk fusion360 I can share the full project)

I don’t use it, but perhaps other people do. I think always it’s a good idea to share the sources :wink: