Latest musical "effort" šŸ§ .. Thanks Zynthian

I redid the voice in this song almost completely played with real instrumentsā€¦ the drums are played by Roberto, a 78-year-old ā€œboyā€ who has always been a musician in his lifeā€¦ how nice it is to play with REAL people!!! !

Io vivo come te P. Daniele
Piano and Rhodes : Zynthian
Synth solo: MiniMoog
Guitar: Ibanez electric
Bass: Yamaha Fretless
Drum: Sonor (thanks Roberto)
Choirs: Omnisphere
Muted trumpet: Native Instruments

Certain instruments (like all instruments) used by capable peopleā€¦ are wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Another masterpiece by Pino Daniele recorded this winterā€¦ this time I tried my hand at brush drumsā€¦

Sicily (Chick Corea/Pino Daniele)

Zynthian: Piano, Pad, E.Piano, Bass.
Drums: Sonor (played by me)
Arturia: MiniMoog

3 Likes

A song by another Italian giant, unfortunately known for only one commercial song but who is actually a great musician and poet.
Forum guitarists can safely criticize my distorted Yamaha electric guitar performanceā€¦ :blush: :blush:
Thanks

UPLOAD: Inserted Synth solo in the final (MiniMoog)
UPLOAD: Voice
Lā€™Arcangelo by Ivano Fossati

Zynthian : Rhodes, Bass. Pad
EZDrummer: Percussion and Drum
Yamaha: Electrik Guitar
Matrix 12 : other Pads
MiniMoog : Moog solo 1 and 2

8 Likes

That is really well performed, recorded and mixed. As a guitarist I canā€™t criticise the playing or the sound. It fitted very well into the mix. Well done @Lanfranco.

3 Likes

Ahhhh you are a guitaristā€¦ :musical_keyboard: :guitar:
Thank you for your opinion Riban and always thanks to Pau for his LIKES!

ā€¦ with a drummer and a percussionist like this (EZDrummer :blush:) it is MUCH easier to playā€¦

The guitar is a Yamaha, copy of the Stratocaster, connected to the sound card directly via preamplifier (a cheap Behringer valve) and with GTR Stomp with Distortion, Compressor and a bit of Reverb.

3 Likes

One word: BRAVO!

2 Likes

Many thanksā€¦ :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 Like

Bravo Lanfranco :+1:

Whatever the pre/post-processing possibly involved, your guitar playing sounds assured and convincing, as it should be said of the singing, which comes out as consistent, expressive, apt to the chosen repertoire and satisfyingly in tune (be it said on the part of a classical singer).

Please, keep on treating us with your good covers!

Best

3 Likes

Thank you @Aethermind (classical singer??? WOOOOOAUUU!!! :heartbeat: :revolving_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) and thank you all for the advice and comments that help me understand.
This is the music I love because it is harmonically rich and amazes by not remaining on a repetitive loop that continues indefinitelyā€¦ Because the drums donā€™t give a beat in time but are syncopatedā€¦ in shortā€¦ I love Music ā€¦

2 Likes

Just one? You must be young. :wink: The great Ivanoā€™s first hit was ā€œLa mia banda suona il rockā€, then ā€œLa musica che gira intornoā€, ā€œLa canzone popolareā€, ā€œLa pianta del tĆØā€ and many others, not to mention the songs he gave to other artists like Mia Martini, Loredana BertĆØ and others.

I remember crying at one of his live shows. Ah, the memoriesā€¦

(Sorry for too many details, non-Italians.)

3 Likes

I have seen two concerts at the time of the triple album live. In one of these he said that the only song he doesnā€™t like is ā€œLa mia banda suona il rockā€
I agree with himā€¦ All the others are masterpieces.
Wonderful lyrics and He is a great musician. Fantastic pianist.

(Intendevo che Ć© conosciuto dalla ā€œmassaā€ solo per ā€œLa mia banda suona il rockā€ brano che lui stesso non ama moltoā€¦)

Iā€™m still 61 years oldā€¦ thanks :blush: :wink:

2 Likes

This new projectā€¦ itā€™s not an effortā€¦ but an impossible missionā€¦ this song is crazyā€¦ I wrote midi more than the ones I playedā€¦ I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll insert it in the my record, because apart from the chord supports and the bass, the rest is not played but writtenā€¦ an AMAZING piece. Iā€™ll insert the voice as soon as Iā€™ve recovered from the stressā€¦

Viento eā€™ terra (Pino Daniele)

Updatevoice

Zynthian : Piano, Rhodes, DX7, Bass, Pad
Omnisphere: Guitar
EZDrummer: Percussion, Drum (Tullio De Piscopo part)

6 Likes

You nailed it!

I donā€™t like how this song came outā€¦ It feels like itā€™s written and not playedā€¦ and I hate written thingsā€¦ they lack humanity.
Surely because Iā€™m incapable of writing midi parts.

1 Like

I had never recorded this WONDERFUL piece by Pino Danieleā€¦ because playing the ā€œnormalā€ chords (as they are written in the score), they sounded terribleā€¦ After these months of studying harmony, turning the chords as best my simple head couldā€¦ itā€™s taking a beautiful (for my taste) shape. If anyone wants the chords, write me.

UPDATE
UPDATE

Che ore sĆ³ (Pino Daniele)

Zynthian: Bass, Piano, DX7, Pad
EZDrummer: Drum and sound
MiniMoog: Pad
Augmented GRAND PIANO Arturia : Piano sinth

6 Likes

This is just to experiment with an ultra-minimal setup for a live use, The Launchpad play notes and the patterns are activated with the touchscreen. It works well but recording audio while playing causes some glitches, as you can ear. Audio is a bit out of sync with the videoā€¦ my bad, sorry.
The song is inspired by Tangerine Dreamā€™s Rubycon (Just and inspiration, not really a cover).
There are 9 instruments, 5 of wich are sequenced in patterns. The strutture is very simple, one pattern per instrument except drum machine wich has two. The rest is played with the Launchpad, wich i couldnā€™t use to trigger patterns because i canā€™t save trigger notes in the snapshot (bug?).
In my opinion, such kind of live use is possibile and funny. Maybe a controller with knobs and slides would be useful, just to add some spice. :wink:

8 Likes

@Nicolazā€¦ I made myself a controller with knobs based on Arduino Micro ā€¦ it works perfectly.

4 Likes

Yes, very nice build. Expecially the Moog style! I want to stay as cheap as possibile, so iā€™m going to use my old Korg NanoKontrol.

1 Like

The big expense was the panel (120 euros but they sent 2ā€¦ Chinese), for the rest an Arduino Micro and the potentiometers are not a great expenseā€¦

1 Like

I worked for a week to install a Windows 11 pc in my recording studio, I donā€™t like Win as far as Home Recording is concerned (yes for everything else). I was extremely disappointed and I reassembled everything as beforeā€¦ The pc with ninth generation i7, 32 Gb of ram (an HP workstation) when I opened a project consisting of 6 midi tracks and 4 audio tracks (with very heavy plugins) had the DSP at 100%. ā€¦ My iMac with i7 3rd gen, 32GB ramā€¦same song, DSP at 25%ā€¦Same song, same settingsā€¦ Iā€™m disappointed with the money I spent ( HP PC and two fullHD monitors) even if by installing this PC in the laboratory, I can have everything on a single machine (Fusion360. Meteosat, ArtCam, CNC, 3D Printer, Ham Radio etc etc ā€¦) and retire two laptops ā€¦ So for me, to make music, Mac forever :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :kissing_heart: