MicroDexed - DX7 to go

Nope. Never used it on Linux. On W10 I made two panels for other synths without problems (excluding the usual curses to make it work).
And never tried the specific DX7 Panel. I used the other panels I posted, tho.

1 Like

I’ve used CTRLR on linux, It’s pretty much uncompilable at the moment so you have to use the pre-compiled binaries, which are x86(_64) only.

Ok, thanks. Will try this soon.

Short update: I’m still waiting for some LCD displays. Then the documentation has to be extended a bit and afterwards 5 MicroDexed kits could go out. Price is not fixed yet, but the first kits will be “cheap”. In addition to the kit you need: 1 * Teensy-3.6 (best with soldered pin headers) , 1 * Teensy-Audio board, 1 USB power supply and USB-B cable, 1 USB programming cable MIcro-USB.

Ater the first badge there will be another one, but this will take some month until the new PCBs are ready.

Regards, Holger

3 Likes

Hi Holger
I am really interested in your project: let me know when you fix the price !!!
I am not able to weld but I can only assemble pcs.

I love me too those general purpose cases .

Hi @piattica,

sorry, but soldering will be a really necessary for this project. Also the kit will not have a case, but you can build one by your own.

The current state is:

• I am still waiting for the LCDs to arrive
  • I need some time for making a video with audio part from MicroDexed
  • I need to write a manual for building the MicroDexed

Regards, Holger

1 Like

Hi FM-Freax,

“Welcome to the restaurant at the end of the universe.” :hushed: uuups, wrong text…

It is time for selling the first 5 kits of TeensyMIDIAudio (Teahub)/TeensyMIDIAudio (Codeberg) - an open hardware board for a Teensy-3.6/3.5 and the Teensyaudio board. On the board you can run MicroDexed (Teahub)/MicroDexed (Codeberg), a 6 OP FM synth.

Before you decide you want to pay a kit you should read the manual. Additionally to the kit you need the following components:

The first 5 kits will be sold at 1st January 2019, 00:00 MET for each 45€ (special deal only for the first kits) plus shipping (see DHL for shipping from Germany as a parcel).

The first 5 persons who send me an internal forum message will have the chance to get one.

Regards, Holger

1 Like

This year I’m building a Zynthian so I’m not commiting to this round. Looks like it would be great fun to put together though.

One kit:

Five kits, waiting for travelling:

2 Likes

These look great! Looking forward to getting one! I miss the red polka-dot tablecloth, though :frowning: :grin:

1 Like

Jeje! I think it is a good moment to start building my TeensyMIDIAudio … i will have some “brothers” for sharing experiences very soon :wink:

Arrrrrgh!!! I forgot to change before making the photos. I am so sorry :joy:

1 Like

Course if you REALLY cared you’d reshoot… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

And that’s why I hate DHL :man_facepalming:

Hi,
How can i get a kit?

Here is a VERY fast produced small example of MicroDexed. I played 6 seperate sounds. There are no additional effects used, only some panning.

MicroDexedDemo

3 Likes

Hi all,

FYI: a very talented user (he can read my source code - he must be talented) currently ports MicroDexed to the ESP32 :slight_smile:
Hope we can integrate the code in MicroDexed…

Regards, Holger

3 Likes

Woaooooo! I really love ESP32 … What about the sound interface?

Regards,

He used a PCM5102 module with code from here.

Regards, Holger

Wow. Using ESP32 i can build… uhm… let me count how many I have in the drawer… 16 boards. A fully multi-timbral emulator cluster. A TX802 on steroids, and with WiFi :wink:

2 Likes