Raspberry Pi GPI pins and encoders

I have a strong doubt … looking at the pins of the sound card … I see that it is connected to SDA1 and SCL1 … doesn’t it conflict with the expansion?

No i2c interface can be shared by many devices. Just be sure they do not share the same adress.

Exemple : you can use up to 8 mcp23008 by configuring A0, A1, A2 pins at high or low level (<=> 8 combinations).

Your mcp23008 is adress 0x20
Your DAC is adress dx40 (UU means the device is in use)

thanks for the clear answer … I think I’ll take a break … :woozy_face:

Guys, thank you for the infinite patience … the problem was a faulty encoder (D) … not knowing what to do anymore, I replaced it and IT WORKS !!!
This is my final configuration … now I will not touch this instrument again for a week … and then… :face_with_monocle:

Congratulations!
So you moved all your switches onto the MCP23008? Every one comes up with something different!

Pictures are always interesting and sounds are even better !

It’s not closed yet, but here is my baby. I printed the case with a 3D printer and designed it myself. As soon as it is closed and working I will put an audio file. In the meantime, thank you for your precious help.

This is the “fast” studio station … but then the Zynthian will go to my home recording studio.

1 Like

It should work.

Both in and out? Or do I need to configure something?

What do you want to send to MIDI output?

In webconf INTERFACE->MIDI Options you can select which ports are enabled. (MIDI Ports, near the bottom of the page. Press the ‘+’.) There is also an option on that page to enable / disable routing MIDI to output ports.

Many thanks Riban…
There are some things that still don’t work even if they interest me relatively … For example I tried to use the record to attach an audio file … I think it doesn’t work …

I think I will buy 4 better quality encoders because these Chinese are short-lived … Already the D has made me lose days of work and messages on this forum (disturbing you guardian angels) … and now the C is starting to fail. … Anyway, apart from a few gadgets, everything works wonderfully … Thanks to all of you

I recorded some chords of a piece by Pino Daniele with MixBus and I converted it into the :face_with_monocle: format…

5 Likes

Thanks for the hearts … I don’t record midi, I’ve always recorded audio … that’s why I know very little about midi. In midi I record only with KontaKt and all the virtual instruments, but I rarely modify the track … if I’m wrong, I’ll do it again (all school)

Thanks

I think I need to modify a usb / microusb cable and turn off the power … this is because when I connect it to the MacBook to use Zynthian’s MIDI, I hear loud noises of electric current …
Then I’m thinking about inserting this shield … if I have the courage …

I tried to record a piano (don’t listen to the notes I make … they are thrown there to try …) Unfortunately, despite a beautiful sound, it is not usable as there are interruptions when the sustain pedal is used a lot. …
The Pianoforte is SFZ Salamander Grand Piano

I confirm that this dated interface works perfectly plug & play.

The multiplexer for my minimal Zynthian should arrive today… I have doubts… I have to connect the encoders but I see 8 SC and 8 SD this is due to the fact that this card has two addresses (selectable I2C address: 0x70-0x77) or for what other reason?
Thanks for any info

Zynthian is not designed to work with an I2C multiplexer. This unit is hardware configured using A0-A2 to define what address it responds to. Writing to that address will configure it to pass and further I2C messages to the corresponding I2C pet on the multiplexer.

Thanks Riban… but so it’s not usable? Why do I have this pattern… forgive my ignorance

Is this the original zynthian 2to 1 board which dealt with 2 encoders ?

That schematic shows a MPC23008 which is an I2C GPI interface. The module you showed earlier uses a TCA9458A which is an I2C multiplexer. They are very different devices.

1 Like

Thanks… then I was wrong to order the chip… Now I have to reorder it and wait another month… :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:
Can the CD74HC4067 fit?
I remembered that the multiplexer I bought is the same as the ones used with Arduino in my MiniMoog…

What problem are you trying to solve?