Sequencer with wrong number

Hello !
I have a issue here that after the sequencer grid is resized, the bank numbers are not good.
Like, the track 5 is I’m fact 17 and the 6 is 74…
And also there is many “6”…

Have a nice day !

Which version of Zynthian are you running? Show us your webconf dashboard. This works in the staging version.

As you wish

The bit with the software versions works be useful

Very sorry about that, I didn’t share the good screenshot:-$

I hope you will forgive me that I didn’t help you to help me… I ask a lot to my customers to put full informations and update theirs machines and did not do it here…
Anyway it’s up to date… The colors are better, the controls changed and… The problem still here.

Patern A6 selected is in fact Pattern 74
But there is no “many 6” as before

Ah yes. The pads have a letter which indicates it’s group and a number which indicates it’s index within the selected scene. So the first pass of each scene will be A1 but they will have different patterns within them.

I’ve had some problems changing the time signatures in the sequencer. For example when the Beats in Pattern are set at any number it reverts to 4:

And the Steps per Beat also reverts to 4:

I’m running a clean new installation of the latest stable:

Do I need to upgrade again?

I wanted to run 4 measures of 3/4 or 3 measures of 4/4, but it always stays at 4 measures of 4/4. I’ve been working on Euclidian Rhythms; this particular one is derived from Mela 26, Vb6, Myxolydian flat Sixth. Like the scale, it is 7 of 12, and requires 12 beats, not 16.

I need to shut down right now, there’s a big storm coming.

I believe you’ll get an authoritative-specific answer from @riban but in the meantime I’ll point you to:

There is a link in that post to a new ‘staging’ version which has many updates and fixes to the sequencer. I don’t think you can get there by updating, you have to create a new sdcard from the image.

Hi @mickey!

You can run the sequencer with a different time signature. From ZynPad view, open the menu and select “Betas per bar”. For 3/4 you can select 3. This may also be done from the pattern editor menu. This sets the “sync point” or the duration of each bar / loop.

Then in pattern editor you need to change the pattern length. From the pattern editor menu set “Beats in pattern”, e.g. to 3. Now the pattern has 3 beats and will play in full each bar / loop. You need to do this for each pattern you want to be 3/4 timing.

Here is a recording of a couple of patterns in 3/4 timing with the metronome sounding so you can hear the bars / loops.

Keep safe in the storm!

1 Like

Thanks, @riban , that was faster than I expected. I’ll try again from scratch.

To be totally honest, I haven’t used a step sequencer since the turn of the century when I got the TRITON. Before that I was using a QY-10 for drums, strings, and such, and a Poly-800 for bass lines. That sequencer had a 4 digit LED readout and only 256 steps counting rests. I sure miss the 6 stage AD[Break point, Slope]SR, though; you could get 2 different notes playing in sequence with one key press.

“Out here in the country, where the weather gets so mean,” [Glen Frye] is no joke around here. Lightning has struck my electric pole twice. They use a fusible link now; it saves their transformer, and my electronics.

1 Like

I think my copy of the last stable is corrupted. I’m downloading the 2306. :wink: