Success Cases

It looks like you can turn off Local Control by going to the Function Mode. Here’s a link to the manual: HP603A Manual

Page 18 describes how to get to the Function Mode and how to navigate and change parameters. Page 20 describes what Local Control is. I think once Local Control is set to off, the keyboard will not trigger the internal Roland sounds but will still transmit midi to trigger the Zynthian. You’ll have to try it to find out for sure.

If you send the Zynthian audio out to the Roland audio in, you may need to adjust the Input Volume of the Roland. The Input Volume is also set using the Function Mode.

Some keyboards retain option settings when you power down. If your Roland retains the settings, you might want to turn Local Control back on before you power off. This way your piano will be ready to play it’s own internal sounds the next time you turn it on.

1 Like

Here’s my attempt at a case.

I would like to say the twisted oscilloscope logo was done on purpose, but it wasn’t.
The image got bent when it was applied to the transfer tape. It’s still perfectly flat and stuck
to the case, and the remainder of the zyhnthian logo looks fine.
It’s not the real kit so I figured the distorted image of the scope was a good fit.
Hopefully USD will be a close enough match to the Euro soon so I can build the real kit.

5 Likes

Good job (Way better than my Chinese junction box) it does resemble a monitor/TV.
The Zynthian cartoon network logo?

Thanks… and yep I was going for something like that

Greetings to all! I have a question for you, will Rock Pi 4 be compatible with Raspberry Pi4 for building zynthian ?

Hi @rozhok ,

you will have to build the Zynthian software by your own using as starting point the minimal Armbian debian buster image.

(You have to scroll down at the bittom of the page ti find the download link).

Then you have to follow all the steps as mentioned in the setup script (and all the others scripts that are called by the setup script).
Some adjustments are needed (remove some specific raspberry pi stuff like firmwares) as in the envars file where compilation flags have to been changed.

I’ve managed to achieve the process on NanoPi K1 (Allwinner H5 soc with 2Gb ram +32Gb emmc) a couple of years ago. It was a really long and hard way mostly because of the lack of computing power.
RockPi 4 is much more powerfull and is well supported by Armbian I guess.

Suggestion : in the setup script you’ll see a bunch of

apt install …

Make this in first.
Then do all the software download/compilation process (more or less the receipes that are here).
Make a disk image of your drive !
Then lastly apply all the patches that alter system configuration and start up scripts.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Hello! Do not configure touchscreen 5inch hdmi-gpio
https://aliexpress.ru/item/32786838470.html

Here are some pictures, I took advantage of the keys of a prokeys 88 with a burnt motherboard. I’m reading the keys, knobs and faders with a mega arduino, I put a distance sensor too. I really enjoyed the platform, congratulations it’s perfect!

If anyone wants to watch it, here’s a video, a loop of guitar and piano and voice, all directly on zynthian take a look at the link:

9 Likes

Nice build, congratulations :+1:

How does the Arduino communicate with Zynthian ? Midi, Osc, i2c, … ?

2 Likes

The Arduino mega that reads keys, knobs and faders communicates via USB as a native Midi interface. The Arduino promicro I used to control the zynthian interface communicates via i2c.

3 Likes

Zynthian+SamplerBox

1 Like
6 Likes

Congratulations @rozhok :+1:

ZYNTHIAN+T-Synth

9 Likes

10 Likes

What is T-Synth? Are the pots all for T-Synth? Is the second display for T-Synth? Tell us more!

TSynth Schematic V1.3.pdf (191.8 KB)

2 Likes

As a donor, I took a broken Roland-G, sawed its body up to 49 keys in size. Only 4 pots work on Zintian and they are with buttons.