Here is my first music rig with Zynthian.
Simple Practising Rig for EWI Controller
is composed of the following elements:
- Zynthian from scrath - based on Raspberry PI 4
- AKAI EWI USB Wind controller
- Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller
- BomeBox or PC software Bome MIDI Translator Pro
- USB host
Wiring is simple. Zynthian, wind controller and foot controller are connected to USB HUB, output from USB hub is heading to PC or BomeBox.
Zynthian from scrath - based on Raspberry PI 4
connected as OTG, more in this topic Zynthian from scratch made by ToFFmashines
Zynthian is in Multi-timbral Mode, Loaded Snapshot 000/004 Practising Rig
AKAI EWI USB Wind controller
Wind controller can be setup by native software, Cognitone Akai EWI USB Control or by MIDI SysEX, which are well describe CONTROLLING HARDWARE SETTINGS VIA MIDI - PART 2 OF 2. In my case is working on channel 1.
Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller
My foot controller has new rom with UnO2 firmware: details are here UnO2 firmware. In UnO ControlCenter editor is possible configured presets in banks as is on figure. Press of firsth 8 pedals in Bank ch 1 and Bank ch 2 send the program change with values from 1 to 15 on channel 1.
BomeBox or PC software Bome MIDI Translator Pro
- when is coming program change from FCB1010 save value of program number to global value.
- when coming note on, note off, control change, channel pressure, polyhonic key pressure and pitch bend from Akai EWI USB, is change output channel on global value and send to Zynthian
This solution does not depend on the choice of snapshot.
In BomeBox I can set AKAI EWI by SysEx message but in this it’s not necessary, I can use also other MIDI instruments.
My knowledge of Zythian does not yet allow me to come up with a routing solution without BomeBox now, but I will try.