Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Tardiness has nothing to do with time nor relative dimension in space but more to do with being on a business trip and being too busy or too tired or too drunk to write up the notes. (One of those may be false.) But here I am with another enthralling account of a night at zynthclub.

We gathered around our microphones from many corners of the globe. (Actually, globes don’t have corners so there is proof of a flat earth, unless the flat earth is also round.) We talked sense and nonsense in equal parts. Some arrived early, some arrived late. Some left early and some were ready for the bed - in fact one started to climb into bed before the meeting was done!

• Open Stage Control - @Pastitas demonstrated. It looked quite promising - possibly a replacement for various remote control solutions including multi-touch. Since then we hear rumblings in the sky that some think may just be thunder but others are whispering rumors of a great coming of new feature.
  • You can run Open Stage Control on phones, but not like this:
  • Accessibility was discussed with enthusiasm for improving access to Zynthian but pragmatism around the available effort.
  • Voice assist may need to feed a (passive) mixer to allow Zynthian to be part of a larger accessible rig.
  • Elon Musk dogecoin are a thing - I guess it is the chocolate coins I got as a kid which tasted of doggy chocolate.
  • Apparently Total Recall was remade. What next? Magnificent Seven?
  • @MrBroccoli showed a very orange rig - maybe inspired by traffic cones
  • Stream deck is a set of buttons that can have images on each button. Might be a nice control surface.
  • Ozzy Osbourne tried to patch a VCS3
  • Someone is getting a radio in a eurorack
  • Chronos real time controls may provide some inspiration for good user workflow
  • Using a 5V UPS can smooth the current supplied from an apparently inadequate PSU which may previously have been causing low power indication.
  • Disting is a multifunction rack module
  • Some knobs from Bellsend were disturbed by the chimes of Winchester Cathedral
  • @wyleu made a brief appearance
  • Zynseq is a bit crap - not sure why I wasted my time
  • MC101 scatter effect may be worth a look
  • Cirrus factory burned down impacting availability of digital audio converters
  • Timber cost has gone though the roof which is a shame if you have a a timber roof
  • Plinky plonky kerplunk can be emulated on a PC
  • Norns do something too!
  • Killer bees may not always be funny
  • Brown snakes are never funny
  • Cynthia Payne may have accepted 15p Luncheon Vouchers
  • Not all 4 wheel drives are equal, nor indeed - worth it. Some have sheds on their backs
  • The two things that are banned at meetings were discussed: religion and politics
  • noVNC doesn’t seem to have a massive overhead
  • There is no such thing as a zynthian
  • There is no place better to make you feel like the big man than Legoland
  • Watch out for handbrakes by your foot - especially in Hybrids.
  • I am not the only one taking notes but judging from the accuracy of these reports you might believe that not even I do that!
5 Likes

Zynseq is the G.O.A.T.

2 Likes

this list is entirely accurate, except this bit

• Zynseq is a bit crap - not sure why I wasted my time
1 Like

You mean sacrificial?

It’s one of those hip acronyms kids like me use. It stands for …

“Good, Other… Acronym… …Thing”

It means Zynseq has the ability to stand on very high narrow ledges.

MEME GIF

1 Like

You believed them ??? I think think you got suckered and they really meant old goat :>

I’M STILL YOUNG, I’m still young.

Grey, old and tedious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar-IEE_DIEo

Is Monday the 5th doable?

Monday works for me.

1 Like

Good for me!

1 Like

Zame Zynth Zime ? Monday 5th July 18:00UTC ?

2 Likes

I will try to be there on time but am actually allowed out of the house today so am in London and may arrive home a bit later.

Now zat iz zomething zat zomeone zhould zuztain. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKoYHKpCSc4

My tablet seems to be dying.

Great tip on Glitch 2. I have been thinking about adding a glitch and granular effect to real-time playing. It is sort of included in a few hybrid VST’s like Synthmaster, Pigments and even the $$ hardware Walfdorf Irridium.

god dammit, i missed it. Here’s hoping for the summary!
Also @riban, thank you so much for those, you’re doing god’s work here!