Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Suits me.

Iā€™ll raise you three minutes.

Do with the volca beatsā€¦

And the 3d treats

We met and it was quite good. Due to the western contingent we kept being asked to get back to talking about Zynthian of all things but we managed to distract occasionally.

• We were interested in how pipe organs work
  • and how to avoid watching ads in YouTube.
  • Pure Data gets behind all sorts of stuff including a Eurorack processor
  • Will SamplV1 be the one sampler to rule them all?
  • Once upon a time it was advantageous to be able to stream samples directly from disk but how useful is Gigasample format these days?
  • Is Linux Sampler worth keeping?
  • Revisiting pipe organ subject - itā€™s a lot of work to build, move or restore one.
  • MESS in Melbourne allows you to play with vintage synths for a few hours.
  • When is it acceptable to reuse open source software and hardware and how to avoid causing conflict?
  • 3D printers are proliferating through our members.
  • Will we see transparent keys on a Poly800 soon?
  • Bullying is (almost) never acceptable.
  • Software is never finished.
  • Is it easier to heat or cool property?
  • Did Kylie and Timmy Mallet duet? (No!)
4 Likes

I object to Timmy Mallet.

And, to add to the list of topics talked around and about:

We talked about Faust and itā€™s new partner Fast which supports outputting an algorithm to an FPGA instead of a CPU for a drastic speedup. And I learned why that might be necessary when using Faust in the first place.

Sumone visited Keith Emersonā€™s synth in Nashville.

We briefly viewed a John Carpenters t-shirt then stopped because our brains might experience a stack overflow.

We wondered if Behringer will ever release a Bynthian!

3 Likes

they are capable !!

Maybe they would call it the Byzantium.

@MrBroccoli seem to have a Tedium PCB with a screen. Perhaps he can provide a better link.

I would add to this ā€¦ some discussion around the newest band members ā€¦ DevOps!

I mentioned you can get Norns in a Docker image. Something I didnā€™t mention is live acts carting around their own racks to simplify interfacing to the various venues where they perform. A local band to me just sound so much better because they use their own AKG C214 microphone.

It is amazing the quality of production of your average local band these days.

1 Like

Zynth clubā€¦

ā€¦gonna show you how!

(There ainā€™t no party like a zynth club party)

When will this beā€¦?

At whatever date and time @riban is physically in a moving van.

Ssssh weā€™re votingā€¦

Tuesday (tomorrow) it is then. 7.30pm. pick your own timezone.

19:30 UTC for the rest of the planet. Not sure if I can make as Iā€™m in the middle of getting the house painted with contractors starting early but I might drop in briefly.

Iā€™ll be late

Is that a threat?