Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

With a mere 11 hours difference in time between attendees, our latest club meeting was a fun-filled event. Casual observers may have mentioned the minimal Zynthian themed content but what do they know?

3 Likes

I was distracted by a rather involved coughing fitā€¦

I see no mention of bells, and yet Iā€™m sure I discussed this at some considerable lengthā€¦

We are becoming immune now, quasi.

Do we need to club a SeaLionā€¦?

Iā€™m free!

Iā€™m up there now.

What?

Do the thing you guys.

Pick a day and a time and stuff.

Otherwise itā€™s a cuddle, not a club.

And make sure you let @dawless know!

1 Like

There was an intimate moot last night. Bells were rung. Condolences were exchanged. Sequencer was played with. Someone wants to watch kids swinging wireless controllers and hear them trigger sounds. It sounds like magic to me.

Letā€™s do it properly with more that 10s notice. How about Thursday?

Itā€™s was lots of fun until mum called me in from playing in the street.

Right Thursday 7.30 UTC.

Double booked on this one alreadyā€¦

Iā€™ll be late in.

What a wonderful bunch of people we are. Gathered on a cold winter (or cool summer) day to exchange tales of our life experiences and new discoveries. Almost nothing was recorded of this delightful night so what follows is a list that may be woefully apocryphal.

• Campanology got its persistant mention even in the absence of our resident Quasimodo
  • There are more useful things to 3D print than owls
  • The Mortrix footpedal looks very sexy but will anyone justify its cost?
  • Who fancies building a split pickup for MIDI output into their guitar. I wonder how much effort and extra cost is required beyond th Ā£107 for the kit?
  • After raising over $1m in a Kickstarter campaig, Artiphon not only sell the Instrument 1 but also the ORBA 2 which are tempting toys
  • Plans for a physical moot were curtailed after barely being discussed when we found that SĆ³nar 2023 is sold out - it may turn into an assault on Sandbach
  • Could the Wii remote be a MIDI controller you can shake a stick at and can you get it to make a sound through its speaker?
  • What is the nobbly bit on a USB3 Type B connector? (Apparently extra data channel.)
  • New features and improvements to the sequencer were demonstrated and discussed with useful suggestions for further improvement, especially around workflow
  • We need to undo things done in error but that isnā€™t always easy
  • Lovejoy is better known as the antagonist in dark drama to non-UK residents (of a certain age)
  • The Psion 3 was marketed as the ā€œMost powerful handheld computer in the worldā€. My boxed model may fail to attain such lofty acclaim in 2023.
  • Roland are releasing their SH-4d that they call, ā€œFuture retroā€ which some have compared to a Zynthian (although those people may be biased)
  • Whilst Behringer continue to imitate without inovation with a rather lame looking, partial Jupiter 8 clone with its single voiced JT-2 teaser - another future drawer filler?

This is what happens when you rely on an ageing manā€™s memory - vast swathes of content are lost or at least not shared as widely as could be! Until next time you gorgeous peepsā€¦

Hello,

Is it possible to participate in the Zynthian Club only as a listener? How do the meetings work?

I didnā€™t dare to participate yesterday.

Best regards

The entrance process can be fairly rigourousā€¦

Sound track on this is rather good. . .

Please DM me for details of how to join. You can say as much or little as you want (or can fit in between the more chatty members of the group). It is very informal. Imagine a night at your local pub / cafe where some people meet and talk a lot of rot, interspersed with the occasional snippet of interest or accuracy.

1 Like

With, it appears, a self sustaining bell entity. . .

The spirit is kind of here. . .

In fact most of itā€™s problems are successful onesā€¦ .

1 Like