Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Don’t you forget that we invented:
something™ as a service
and, even better:
nothing™ as a service

3 Likes

I keep saying to myself that I will come to one of these again, and then just end up reading the after show notes. :confused:

1 Like

I shall have to join next time. This looks awesome!!!

It’s something… awesome may be towards another extreme of a spectrum. Mostly old (and young) farts talking nonsense, like a night at the pub.

5 Likes

Demos are properly hap hazard and the sight of @MrBroccoli in his ukulele dungeon shouldn’t be missed. . .

Unless, of course, you are struggling to get a stable connection and your occipital lobe working, in which case, you can miss it every week :joy::+1:

It’s lucky that @wyleu doesn’t work in the technology industry :confused:

2 Likes

How about Sunday at 19:00 UTC. Same connection details as normal. IM me if you need them. I’m looking forward to seeing @freeKey’s cherry varnish :grin:.

1 Like

ill try and play

Hope that works out for me, but should.

I will set my alarm.

The timer is set:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?msg=Next%20Zynth%20Club%20Meeting&p0=405&year=2020&month=7&day=26&hour=14&min=0&sec=0

1 Like

We gathered from around the globe to watch the sun set, then rise, then burn bright in the early afternoon and all was good… apart maybe from the discourse and @wyleu’s Internet connection!

• How smooth can we make transitions of parameters - maybe some software smoothing might allow for less offensive control changes (zipping)
  • Ooh! Those faders look cool. Can we use them for drawbars? (Apparently it was discussed in the dim and distant past but the ideas man didn’t persuade the handyman to make it so.)
  • There has been a bit of benchmarking going on and the results are interesting though so very incomplete to be of limited use but note that some engines (like Pianoteq) consume almost no processing when not played (which may allow them to be loaded concurrently with other engines but not played simultaneously) whilst others (like setBfree) consume their full quota of processing continually, even when not being played. This kind of thing is of interest.
  • Should we log data from each Zynthian on resource usage, temperature, etc? Should we offer users the ability to automatically upload / contribute this data to the greater cause? (E.T. option to phone home.)
  • A new plugin, the wyleumeter is under review which logs @wyleu’s Internet connection status and modulates your Zynthian parameters.
  • Has @wyleu taken his I2C connection attempts too far by using it for his Internet connection? (Much fun was had at @wyleu’s expense which he was sadly unable (or unwilling???) to enjoy!
  • @freeKey gave a show-and-tell describing the build of his classic organ style keyboard enclosure. A one and a half day job that took one and a half weeks - par for the course. Just varnish and a cherry left to add.
  • @BrainStormer was invaded by the little people who stole the show as you would expect. (I think they contributed more than he!!!)
  • A Model A was shown all shiny and desperately in need of a dashboard Zynthian (of course with @Baggypants wireless tuner plugin).
  • Of course we had the obligatory fruit and vegetable update - pumpkins the size of my head and chillis coming out of @MrBroccoli’s ears plus more piccalilli on its way. Also, how much does a greenhouse cost?
  • They like it hot down in El Paso. Tongue protectors recommended.
  • There are more than one Newcastle, Boston, (New) York, (New) Amsterdam.
  • Q: When will step sequencer be folded into main distro? A: When I pull my finger out and fix the major bugs! Soon…
  • @MrBroccoli described how to build a chain with main effects affecting all layers which starts with an audio layer, e.g. gain then manually routing each new layer to it. (The proposed (but not yet ratified) zynmixer could / should make this simpler.)
  • Daytime drinking is a bad idea, especially early on a Monday (before the dawn) before work! Zynclub members are a bad influence on a nation well known for its abstinence and sobriety!
  • Cottonwood is a thing (or many things) apparently.
  • Patchbox OS looks interesting.
  • There was some noodling with arpeggiators but before most people arrived. It is a lot of fun playing the Zynthian (or “very fun” as the kids say).

All this served to reinforce my earlier description of how worthwhile these gatherings are. Almost no tangible benefit but they seem to make a few of us smile!

5 Likes

You are ALL going on the list . . . :rage:

4 Likes

Don’t tell him Pike!

1 Like

Well… I might be worried about being put on the list if I thought you might be able to connect the pen to the paper :joy::+1:

1 Like

I vote for Monday this week. Who’s with me?

Monday is fine for me.

Me too.

When’s Monday?

1 Like