Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Why, Is you internet faster on Mondays?

1 Like

Since I’m already “on the list”, I suggest you build this Arduino calandar with I2C display so you will know when Monday rolls around.

1 Like

It’s UTC Monday not BST.

Monday comes after almost all Mondays and before almost all Monday. On average a particular Monday does not exist and yet it is part of 1/7th of days. It is day 1 or day 2 of the week (depending who you ask) or day 3 of a BBC week if that helps.

1 Like

Right I’m start another list . . . . :rage:

1 Like

Be sure to check it twice (although you may still get the time for naughty or nice wrong). :laughing:

Oh somebodies woken up all perky

Plucks large wing feather from passing raven and carefully adds riban’s name to top of list and frowns as it doesn’t quite fit on and he has to write the last letter much smaller

2 Likes

My dear @wyleu
 try not to focus so much on the “when” 
 You have successfully managed to work “when” out a few times. This week, try to focus on the “how”

How do I join the jitsi?
How do I maintain a connection?
How do I talk with everyone?
How can I participate?

We are all rooting for you, buddy! We know you can do it!

4 Likes

I guess we should decide when when is. When isn’t now unless you are reading this when when is. I suggest when commence at 19:00 UTC Monday 3rd August 2020 when we will all be being now until we have been then.

I think we can all agree that makes it abundantly clear and that even @wyleu will understand. :smile:

3 Likes

Another heart has made the trade,
Forget it, forget it, forget it,
I don’t understand how a heart is a spade,
But somehow the vital connection is made.

I’ve edited the meeting countdown timer and added some features hoping it will help our good friend @wyleu in his quest to join the next meeting.

5 Likes

Hello is that Acme?

I’m looking for a Mr Coyote

Retired
?

How so
?

Industrial injuries,
? That’s sad

Does that mean his equipment is available for hire
?

It is? Good

You’ll send the catalogue
?

My name
?
Wyleu,
Mr Wyleu

Zynthian towers

4 Likes

4 Likes

I think I may have figured out what @wyleu coyote’s connection issue is
 misplaced brand loyalty!!!

2 Likes

Once more we gathered around our microphones, spread across four time zones (five if you include whatever twighlight zone @wyleu joined :wink:) and discussed a wide variety of subjects and - breaking news - that included Zynthian!!! In no particular order we:

• Invented a hardware keyboard split device consisting of a credit card or beer mat stuck between keys not dissimilar to how Keith Emerson wedged knives into his keyboards.
  • Reminisced about old games consoles - and of course how to build a Zynthian into their defunct cases. (Apparently gaming jumped straight from Pong to Elite with nothing of merit in between.)
  • Colourful buttons that you press to make sounds and how one is wending its way across the world to a north west province of the land down under. We all look forward to seeing and hearing what @pac_71 makes.
  • Can @freeKey persuade @wyleu to design and build him a button panel to change patches in his classic organ style project and when will it look like this?
  • Not all 3.5" touchscreens are the same. Some don’t (seem to) work on RPi4. (This one might.)
  • Apparently not every project involving a Raspberry Pi makes music.
  • Synthstrom make very pretty and apparently rather good (if a touch expensive) sequencers.
  • Of course a night wouldn’t be complete without a brief soirĂ©e with zynseq and zynmixer updates - there isn’t really any - someone has been too busy renovating sash windows.
  • @ronsum is waking at unearthly hours to check notifications on availability of TSynth (also discussed here. Beware - you don’t get all that you see but looks like a fun way to while away some hours.
  • We have promises (or at least press-ganged offers) for a couple of show-and-tells next week including @ronsum building a new toy (I wish I had noted down what it is but all the more anticipation)
  • We had a live hacking session where our youngest member was convinced to install malware on his Zynthian (only kidding @freeKey). We found bugs and work-arounds. We had live Zynthian configuration session. We understand sub-snapshots a lot better including their limitations (and bugs). It was fun to help each other fix issues and see someone’s first foray into the innards of their Zynthian.
  • We found other bugs and workarounds (of a sort).

I don’t think we have had such a Zynthian-centric Zynth club meeting before. It was fun but did take us towards (or past) midnight. I am not sure how much fun @freeKey’s neighbours might have thought it as he demonstrated his success with sweeping organ renditions :smile:.

No vegetables were harmed in the making of this programme.

6 Likes

Thanks again for all the help and effort. I might have had some rtfm moment now and then, but anyway it really helped looking after things together. My subsnapshots are now ready for tonight’s little gig, yay!
Btw: What a lovely expression “subsnapshot” is to test someone’s soberness.
And don’t worry about my neighbours :joy:

5 Likes

Good luck tonight. We will all be rooting for you.

1 Like

Ok, Ok, I was involved with work . . . :frowning:

Ahhh hard at work, just as we suspected

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks for your words 
 i love to invent words in languages i don’t master and get native speakers to accept them! :nerd_face:

4 Likes