Show me your setup!

Wileu, I quoted you here:

Obviously for laughs…

This morning I reassembled the summer music room with the two new “puppies”… the MiniMoog and the Zynthian. :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

6 Likes

One of the many zynthians that clutter up my bookshelves…

6 Likes

Wonderful… but :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:?

Well since you ask a bit of fluidsynth Yamaha Piano…

In truth this was laughingly easy to record on this rig. The left hand function button is defined as Audio Record Toggle and the second button is play…

Picked it up in webconf, renamed it to something sensible, and it’s now available in the Audio Player…

zynthian-pigeons

2 Likes

I love this desktop configuration:
http://toastytech.com/guis/desk.html

1 Like

It looks cool but I don’t know what I’m looking at… Is it two separate Zynthian linked by Ethernet or one with two screens (if me can do that) or something else ?
It make me think that a second Zynthian without a soundcard and with a little RPI3 or 0something and a touch screen may be a good way to expand the Human Interface

It’s a Pi4 running the zynthian on the left hand screen. The right screen is a Pi3 running Rasbian desktop & rosegarden. I have used a USB hub with 3 ports and an Ethernet port to allow two Ethernet ports on the zynthian so qmidinet can run on both machines allowing rosegarden to operate with the zynth.

Its now got a Korg NanoController programmed up with the Audio Mixer MIDI learn facilities to allow control from a physical device. as well as the Remote control I built that works over USB and A DUO Piano MIDI device to play notes from.

Sadly from the perspective of zynthian kits the only bit from Jofe’s shop is the zynaptik board the operates the four encoders on the device, which are now completely replacedd by the remote control.

5 Likes

Looks great, thank you for the complete answer. It seem you have juste the right amount of physical and computed devices. It give ideas !

I wonder if anyone here has already tried to do a two display Zynthian, one with UI other with some kind of “regular desktop” (like through VNC display)

Otherwise, do you @wyleu use your multiple audio inputs ?

Depends what I’m doing. In truth this spends most of it’s time testing things whilst playing youtube videos as background music. Until one gets to studio like conditions it’s very easy to find justification for any amount of channel use…
It might well all end up in a 19" inch rack at some point but I would probably replace the aluminium bar I used for the device with wither steel or better still some angle bar.
I’ve found that for the casual disenterested user equipment like this is rather off putting, despite our personal delights whilst a large keyboard and the nano controller are reassuring if they always do the same thing all the time.

1 Like

I like to use a ‘novnc’ window to display patchage info while changing the audio configuration via Zynthian UI. But you have to be willing to hear some xruns and occasionally refresh patchage as riban pointed out March 24 2023 in this thread:

1 Like

Hi,

After many moons, waiting on new version of Zynthian l’m trying to continue my live music excercises. Few years back ( If anyone remember) I’v made the live performances on YouTube channel (and I also prepared first Bandcamp release with “Zynthian” tag :wink: ).

Now I have new version of the setup. There is no bedroom desk anymore but a new, mobile, wooden furniture organ like thing with all stuff on it with only one wire input - the power input.

There is obviously Zynthian and old Yamaha QY, sound mixer, MIDI keyboards, DIY MIDI pedals, monitors and headphones, and Raspberry Pi 400 running Manjaro Linux with some recording soft (Reaper, Audacity) and refurbish broken laptop lcd.

And the plan is to perform some new live music once in a month and put it on YouTube. One piece of my own composition and one interpretation of some more or less known music (not exactly electronic music) as some kind of cover.

There is the first, April pair.

Please :face_with_monocle: If you like…

Regards

Ejdzi

15 Likes

H i @ejdzi ,

did you read this:

Cause your set deserves Zynthian quiet well. Congrats

2 Likes

Thanks very much.
I was thinking about it of course, but unfortunatly almost all of my snapshots are little messy and the whole system sits (by now) on yamaha qy harmonisation engine and its rhythm section. But I will rethink. I think that I’v got at least one interesting snapshot without yamaha. If i will find a little time I will try to prepare something interesting for the contest.

1 Like

Integration of the v5 into my mobile setup:

11 Likes

Ohhh jojo!! The V5 looks really nice in your setup!!

FYI, the beautiful “electra-one” aside the V5 is one of the devices that inspired V5 design. We studied carefully this nice piece of hardware. Inside and outside :wink:

Regards!

3 Likes

Very cool! Do you know Martin? A totally nice guy! The E1 is so powerful - insane! In conjunction with the Zv5 is a super setup. However, I’m still looking for the best way to map the parameters (MIDI learn or standard CCs of the synths, Lua logic or not… endless decisions to make).

1 Like

Hi, I would like to share my new short video of my live exercises on my Zynthian setup. I think you may know and remember this lovely tune. This is my version of Chuck Mangione’s song Children of Sanchez, performed entirely live with Zynthian prepared snapshot, using few of the same unique features as in my contest song (also performed live) Prayer. Enjoy. Zynthian is great.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Old Yamaha QY humbly accompanies on drums and bass.

8 Likes

For me… number ONE!

Nice to see fingers pressing black and white keys… :musical_keyboard: :musical_keyboard: :musical_keyboard: :musical_keyboard: