Success Cases

10 Likes

What is T-Synth? Are the pots all for T-Synth? Is the second display for T-Synth? Tell us more!

TSynth Schematic V1.3.pdf (191.8 KB)

2 Likes

As a donor, I took a broken Roland-G, sawed its body up to 49 keys in size. Only 4 pots work on Zintian and they are with buttons.

I printed the panel on a printer and filled everything with epoxy resin in several layers, resulting in a textolite.Both synthesizers can work together and independently of each other. switched off by toggle switches, the volume is also independently adjustable.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing!

I’m amazed and what you have built is a big inspiration for me.

Zintian is controlled by pots through Arduino, since these pots directly interacted with T-Synth. Therefore, I had to make a midi controller on Arduino.

This is my dream for a DeepZynthian case.

But I don’t dare to destroy my DeepMind 6 :wink:

Greetings Rolf

3 Likes

Hello fellow zynthusiasts, i am introducing myself with this little zynthian build i was able to finish during my quarantine last week. Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of zynthian! I had plenty of fun in the process of building this minimal implementation, although I am a bit ashamed of the unnecessarily heavy printed case that took my printer more than an eternity to finish, I am more than happy with the outcome. Zynthian found its place in a suitcase full of sound I recently put together

It is connected to an old esi maya44 usb interface and each of the instruments in the case is connected to one of the inputs. This way I have a very small and effective multi effects mixer and another source of sounds at my fingertips. I am very happy and i cannot wait to make some noise with this setup and satisfy any :face_with_monocle:

Yet I havent quite reached my goal yet, as the input channels 3 and 4 of the esi don’t show up in the audio levels menu and they seem to be autorouted to the outputs 1 and 2 bypassing the whole zynthian. They do show up as capture sources in the layer menu anyways but the dry chain always persists. I have read some interesting informations about autorouting problems here and there but have not fond a solution yet. I am about to open a thread but maybe someone will point me towards an existing discussion :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Excellent! as long as you accept the quest!

Headless Road Zynth:
No knobs, external USB sound, Argon One Case. Contained in a rolling case with storage under for cables, duplicate Zynth and SD card for catastrophic failures.
$8 Sound Dongle, $25 Case, RPi4 ($Zomg!$)

Here’s my baby :blush:

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to Zynthian and with their effort make it available for all to enjoy!

This one is based on the all-in-one module V2 (from a Zynthian Basic Kit V2), a Raspberry Pi 4, a IQAudio DAC Pro, and a 5" IPS dsi screen.

I wanted a compact case with a larger screen so I designed and printed this one in PLA. Thank you @LAN for yours, that served as inspiration :+1:

Had I not wanted a bigger 5" screen I would have been better for me to go for the official metallic case as I’ve had to go through a lot of design and print iterations to achieve the results I liked. Although I learned a lot and I’m already thinking of designing another one :sweat_smile:

I still need to find a neat way to add labels, and find time to fix some of the flaws that I left in the design but that I could hack after printing :innocent:

BTW: The knob in the front is for the rotary encoder that allows to control the volume of the IQAudio, intended to be used with headphones plugged to its amplified 3.5 output.

12 Likes

Hi there!

I’m newby in “Zynthian” but…

My zynthian project is almost done…
I used the “prototype-1” scheme with a PI4 (source: A Build with Variations), a screen, four encoders and an USB Audio… It’s my “speciality” becouse, I just I sacrificed my old ALESIS io2 Express USB sound card, and my EDIROL PCR-800 MIDI master keyboard…

I dissasambled the io2, and built in into the PRC-800 with the zynthian…

The result a bit ugly yet now :stuck_out_tongue: but it’s will be nicer of course.

The most important thing is my zynthian setup is alive! :slight_smile:

Raspberry PI4B / 4G RAM
Waveshare 4.3 inch DSI LCD
PROTOTYPE-1 wiring
ALESIS io2 sound card with

• USB MIDI IN/OUT
  • DIN MIDI IN/OUT
  • 2x balanced AUDIO IN MIC/LINE/GUITAR with +48V phantom
  • 2x AUDIO insert IN (for external FX)
  • 2x AUDIO OUT (44100 Hz/24bit with 5ms latency)
  • 1x Phones OUT
    EDIROL PCR-800 MIDI keyboard/house :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I really like the builds that incorporate a Zynthian into keyboards :grinning:

Did you need to cut some extra holes in the back for extra ventilation?

Yes, of course becouse “he” is usually heat himself to 55-60 degree of celsius…

Great build, looks awesome!

Are the files available anywhere?

Thanks! I really put a lot of time and design iterations into it :slight_smile:

I’ll post the .stl and a BOM after I solve a couple of bugs in the design.

Amazing design, and thanks for the mentioning, glad my design could act as inspiration. Now I want to rebuild mine with your case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone!
Here’s my attempt at making a portable synthesizer:

Specs:

• SBC: Orange Pi PC+
  • Keyboard: M-Audio KeyRig 49(Scored for a few bucks :smiley: )
  • Power: Asus 10050mAh(Lasts quite a bit, did not measure it but in the range of 4-6 hours)
  • Screen: ili9341+XPT2046(No touch unfortunately, the allwinner H3 on the orange pi supports a single slave/spi bus)
  • Encoders: generic breakout boards from china interfaced through a stm32 sending commands over UART
  • Soundcard: Aliexpress speciality $1
  • Single 3.5mm jack output
  • Built-in wifi with external SMA antenna

Paint job is not great, I know, I’m not a painter myself :smiley:

Upcoming: Embedded stereo speakers with cabinets

8 Likes

Hi @xanderz congrats:

• For the integration, it’s pretty nice even if you’re not a professional painter
  • For building Zynthian on an another chip.

But this bring me a lot of questions :

• How is the experience with the H3 chip, isn’t it to weak for some synth engine ?
  • Did you interface to Zynthian the keyboard’s mod and pitch wheels ?
  • Since a couple of month they are no mcp23017 available in the JLCPCB assembly stock. While STM32 are available (in a bunch of variations)

It could be nice if you share hw design and software code.

Edit: don’t forget the :face_with_monocle: