New feature: full touchscreen navigation and control

I just updated the repository with the new improvements in the touch interface. Now you can navigate and control the Zynthian UI without encoders/switches at all. Only touchscreen :wink:

You can ā€œemulateā€ the switches by pushing in the controller widgets. There are short, bold and long actions. Exactly the same workflow than ever. When the ā€œbackā€ widget is not available, you can go back by clicking the top bar.

Also, as i explained in another post, you can move the controllers by ā€œslidingā€ over the widgets. I think itā€™s pretty intuitive.

Currently there is no way of accesing the X-Y control screen without the real switches. Resistive screens doesnā€™t support multi-touch, so iā€™ve to find a ā€œtouch replacementā€ for that action.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Great job! This is fantastic, canā€™t wait to try this out.
Yogi

Hi @jofemodo,

Great news!!

One question now, would this mean that Zynthian Box will work without connecting 2in1 pcb and encoder/switches? I guess the answer is yes, but Iā€™d like confirmation. I cannot try this because I wasnā€™t able, so far, to get working my official 7" raspberry touchscreen (which is attached to DSI port). By the way, Iā€™ll appreciate if someone knows how to setup the touchscreen and point me where to find the info needed to achieve it.

Regards, Jose.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Official RBPi TouchScreen 7"

How do I get into the Snapshot L/S screen with touch only?
Layers / Admin Menu is toggled when touching the top bar.
Shouldnā€™t we toggle between the 3 main menus?

I assume it would only work, when you change the non-touch behaviour at the back-button as well?

Hi @mheidt!

Currently the only way to access SnapShot functionality with touch only is from the ā€œInstrument Controlā€ screen. Once you are there, you touch the top-right controller for accessing the load snapshot menu. ā€œBold-touchā€ for accessing the ā€œsave snapshotā€ menu.

Regards!