A variation on a variation!
I have a Hifiberry Amp+ in the hifi berry generic case and have decided to see if I can implement a fair bit of zynthian on it using bits that I have lying around...
Here is the topless hifiberry peaking out from under the desk . . .
Here is the top of the case with the four encoders mounted on stripboard
The cuts have been made in the stripboard and links has been added to take the centre track (0V) at the extreme ends to connect 0V to one of the SW encoder pins.
Here is the ribbon cable made up from an old disk drive cable
and here is it all kind of soldered together so I can test the directional sense of the encoders
and here is the whole thing with the obligatory pair of calipers for scale
Next issue testing the encoders,
I have used Vagnscott's GPIO pin rewire because I have switched the framebuffer to hdmi output and do not have a 2 to 1 board.
Obviously this is just a desk rig at the moment but I will try to document the procedure from here to help as it progresses. No de-bounce capacitors & I would probably prefer to add the 2 10k resistors per de-bounce circuit to give a bit of protection to the rasp pi's I/O pins.
p.s. I believe there are encoder test routines somewhere in the code base but I'm assuming I need to pull down more of the Git repository to get them . . .
One knob (LS) switches between engine & admin,
Nothing else is doing anything.